13 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Hi /an/, I'm new here and I have a dilemma.
I got a puppy for my girlfriend. Now I know I didn't want to keep the poor thing boxed away for long so I bought him and kept him on hold for as long as I could, which was this afternoon. Any later and the shop would be closed until after christmas, and the christmas puppy would no longer be a christmas puppy. So now I have the trouble of finding a way to keep the pup as a surprise until last minute.
I looked online and the box method was suggested, but that doesn't seem very logical. Couldn't the puppy tear it open, or piss on it or poop itself? I want to give a gift puppy, not a shitty mess. Also, a barking puppy is a dead give away about the surprise. Is there any other way to do this? I don't want to shove puppy in a box for hours.
1 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
We had to put our family dog we had for 10 years to sleep a few days ago and it doesn't feel that different. I'm such an asshole. Has this happened to anyone else?
A few days ago we put my 15 year old beagle to sleep after he entered organ failure. I was sad the day of, and actually cried (well, more like teared up that night after I saw his collar with his nametag on it
But nothing really feels that different now that it's a few days after his death. Given that he was a beagle he was already pretty low energy, and the past year or two with his age, basically all he did was sleep. He would rarely even want to go on walks. His life basically consisted of waking up, using the bathroom, eating, then sleeping for the rest of the day. Used to love jumping on couches to sleep but couldn't even do that anymore with his age + arthritis.
I actually almost feel relieved that he is gone because for the past few years he has also regularly used the bathroom in the house, seemingly out of boredom, so a lot of times I would come home to a piss and shit-stench filled house since it had been on pads on the floor all day.
It just almost doesn't feel like anything is different with him gone, and I just feel horrible feeling this way
Pic related, it was taken a number of years ago. My parents have no recent pictures.
0 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Hey, /an/. A couple of hours ago, my dog snatched 1-2 cookies from the counter, and since then she's been really hyper and is breathing very heavily. No puking or anything like that, but I'm still worried.
The chocolate in the cookies was a ghiradelli, 70% dark chocolate baking bar. The whole bar was cut into the mix but there was only a bit in each cookie.
How worried should I be? Sorry, I know this isn't a vet but I'm just worried and I thought I would check before I tried finding a vet open this late on Christmas.