3 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Hi /an/. I used to be from /diy/, /g/, /b/, and /x/, but I haven't been on 4chan in a while. I'm coming to you today with a sad story, and hoping to get maybe some answers or clues about what happened.
Yesterday, we all went to my parents' house to celebrate the holiday. They had two chocolate labs - both rescues so we don't know their exact ages, but they've had them for nine or maybe ten years. One is geriatric, the other about 10 or 11 years old.
The younger had been coughing for just over two weeks. The vet called it "kennel cough", and said that it should go away after up to three weeks. It's caused by a viral infection and just needs to run its course. But other than that, this dog was running around, being playful, cuddling with me and my children, and begging for turkey - all normal dog stuff.
Less than an hour after that, he was laying on his side, and howled softly (we thought in response to howling wolves on the TV). Shortly after that, we noticed he wasn't breathing. I've had First Aid, CPR, and SAR training, and my mom is an RN, so we all tried our best to do CPR on him for what must have been about 20 minutes, but we couldn't save him.
There are two things I don't understand:
1) Kennel cough is not supposed to be fatal
2) This dog was HEALTHY apart from a cough, and the coughs were like 45 minutes apart, and then he just died?
###If anyone has any information about anything like this, I would appreciate it if it was shared in this thread.###
I'm going to encourage my folks to order a necropsy or some sort of post-mortem exam figure this out.
BTW, less than an hour after doing CPR on this dog, I've got a crap ton of mucous - is it possible I caught something? I don't want to spread it to my kids or pets.
Watching a Senior Dog that's Poorly Trained
4 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Hello, /an/. I'm watching over my parents senior dog for about a month while they're away on a trip. He's a small breed; eleven years old and is generally a good dog indoors. He doesn't tear up furniture, shit/piss all over the house, greets house guest, etc.
The problem is that he is an embarrassment on leash due to his formally mentioned poor training. He'll bark and pull at every fast moving object (joggers, bicycles, mail trucks) and god forbid he ever cross paths with ANY quadruped bigger than the size of a groundhog.
I don't have much experience in training dogs, but I want to help this one develop better leash habits. What are some of the best methods and where should I begin?
Cat drooling a lot
8 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Hi, an, you can't really tell from the photo but this cat is drooling a lot. Why is that?
I don't even feed him any treats but once every few months, so it's not a 'pavlovs cat' scenario. His behavior is completely normal as far as I can tell. Same goes for his appetite according to his owner. He enjoys turkey scraps, dry food, and refuses wet cat food. About 6 years old.
He's not mine, so taking to the vet is not an option. I only have so much money for vet-related expenses for my own animals.