3 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: veggie.max.jpg]
So I have a left-over half of a subway sandwich from yesterday. It's the Veggie Max (their veggie patty sandwich), with tomatoes, lettuce, and lots of pickles. It's been in the fridge since last night and right now it's cold, but I wrapped it in napkins so it's not soggy.
What is the best way of reheating the sandwich? I considered separating the patty from the veggies and microwaving it but that would mean that the bread is still cold and dry. My other option is maybe to toast the whole sandwich, but that would give me hot lettuce which is kind of gross.
What do I do, /ck/? Help me.
10 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Dec_11.jpg]
>Think Like A Chef
>by Tom Colicchio
>Before he became a living KitchenAid informercial and shiller of useless crap on Top Chef, Tom Colicchio was a respected culinary icon--founder and chef of the now iconic Gramercy Tavern in NYC and recipient of numerous James Beard awards, including one for his first cookbook, "Think Like A Chef".
>This landmark publication seeks to teach the reader how to engage with the cooking process and to think like trained chefs: to riff on ingredients and techniques rather than always follow recipes to the last letter. In a series of innovative chapters that explore cooking fundamentals, culinary themes and variations, and "plug-in" component preparations, Colicchio provides a cooking "anatomy" for gaining kitchen mastery. The book's 100-plus recipes are offered not as ends in themselves (though they stand as delicious examples of Colicchio's simple yet sophisticated style), but as illustrative keys to the culinary processes.
>Completely without elitest foodie bullshit and written in an sophisticated-but-approachable tone, this is one book you must read.
Cooking Shows at Night
34 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 1.jpg]
Tired of constantly refreshing /ck/ only to find the same crappy threads? Feeling Hungry? Bored as hell and have nothing better to do (all of you)?
Well, come the fuck over and watch some cooking and travel shows. We'll start with original Bourdain, A Cook's Tour. This is him at his best, still smoking, talking trash, and you can still see the thirst for adventure in his eyes.
156 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 4898948498.jpg]
So, I am going to run my own food truck soon. Got my own little list, and am curious on some opinions.
I'm open to all suggestions, and I'd appreciate anything else you might find delicious.
The Burrito Truck (Not sure what to name it yet.)
Keep in mind, all of these, will be stuffed into a burrito.
1) MAC ATTACK - Baked mac and cheese with a crunchy bacon crumble crust with slices of beer boiled brautwurst laying accross, and a light topping of salsa verde hot sauce.
2) FNF Burrito (Friday Night Football) - Shredded Wing Meat with a tangy bbq sauce and thin fried bacon cheese sticks covered in a jalapeno pepper cream cheese sauce light addition of coleslaw.
3) Fried Fruit Burrito - An assortment of fried bananas and apples, stuffed into a burrito shell layered with whipped cream and a light caramel. (Nuts optional, pecans and such)
4) NACHO LIBRE Burrito - Shredded chicken over nacho cheese dorritos, covered in nacho cheese, jalapenos, caramelized onions, and a Pico de gallo salsa, and a light spread of guacamole.
5) Veggie Heaven Burrito - Caramelized onions and mushrooms, layered with balsamic vinegar fried tomatoes, and fried tofu, lined with feta cheese.
6) Mongollian Burrito - (All of this is fried together) noodles, thinly sliced chicken, thinly sliced steak, red onions, spinach leaves, bean sprouts, fried in a light lime and fire sauce.
7) STEGGON - Slow cooked scrambled eggs with fried green and red peppers, caramelized onions, and lightly seasoned thinly sliced steak, with a light hot sauce.
8) Sheppards Pie Burrito - Mashed potatoes with sliced green onions, stuffed with mashed garlic and bacon, smothered in (I prefer ground buffalo), so, lightly seasoned ground buffalo and yellow and white cheddar cheeses.
9) 3 Cheese Ultizza (different varieties, hawaiian, pepperoni and sausage) - Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese, with a light marinara sauce to coat.