Official Win-O'-Thread #2
402 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
>What is this thread?
Every Wins'day at Win-O'-Clock we gather here and post links to the latest scans and rips of comic books.
Most links we uploaded ourselves, others we are sharing from elsewhere.
Some comics we've even purchased ourselves (but most we didn't).
If you'd like to help out, just ask and we would be delighted to tell you how.
Otherwise, be patient, be polite, and understand the simple concept behind these words: Not posted means not available yet.
>Where can I find old Win-O'-Threads?
(Note: This finds the OP for old threads. If you want to search for comics in the archive, clear the subject field!)
>Where can I find downloads for other comics?
Warez forums/blogs (like AvaxHome), DDL-indexing search engines (like FileDiva), torrent trackers (like KickAss) and other P2P networks (like DC++).
If a link has been posted on 4chan, you can search for it in the Desu archive (add "http*" to searches to return only posts with links).
If all else fails, just >buy it.
>Where can I buy comics?
On the various publishers' webstores, and at your local comics shop.
>Where can I find an LCS?
>Where can I find out when new comics are released?
>How do I download from websites that only give me .exe files?
Untick the checkbox under the download button.
>How can I find this thread every week?
If you are using the inline extension go to http://4chan.org/co/official or use the option under "Filters & Post Hiding".
If you have 4chanX go to Settings > Filter > Subject and add the following line:
>And last but not least
Why Calvin & Hobbes Is A Bad Comic
36 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
5. Calvin is Bill Watterson's mouthpiece. Most of the comics are just Bill running his mouth about how terrible the world is, how things should be done, or what you should believe. We get it, Bill, you're an egomaniac.
4. Most strips aren't even colored. How is it that 14yo webcomic artists can turn out colored strips a day, but this old guy with more time, experience, and tools can't? C'mon, finish the work or don't start it at all.
3. Walls of text and confusing art. The comic is at its political worst when the strips are bursting with a flood of words. But the textless comics aren't any better because they're too postmodernist to make any sense.
2. Neigh plagarism of popular comics. Bill shamelessly takes more than inspiration from Frazz, Pearls Before Swine, and early Sinfest strips; the hack can't even come up with original, interesting names for characters!
1. There are no non-white people. Even Hobbes, the snowmen, and the aliens Calvin dreams up are white. But I guess if the comic is from a white kid's POV (allegedly), than it'd make sense he'd hate on black people.
I could go on about the strip mocking veterans with its "war games," normalizing the harrassment of girls via Calvin and Susie's relationship, telling ADHD kids that monsters live under their beds and that Santa isn't real, skimping out on backgrounds half of the time, showing a bird dying, recycling old jokes (the toy wagon again?), Uncle Max not being in more strips, Calvin's dad lying to him whenever he asks good questions, the comic dripping with nilihism and pessimism, no variety in how food is drawn, a T-rex fitting inside a fighter jet, keeping to the four-panel comic strips instead of expanding out a little (sans the Sunday strips), and many more problems, but I think five good reasons is enough to show how bad Calvin & Hobbes is.