/csg/ Chink Shit General
81 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Yes, we know everything is already from China but in here we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.
>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon
Chink Shit Wiki:
Sundays are slow in terms of news so I'm posting a hybrid of the past two threads
• Anon orders a backpack off AliExpress only to later notices its advertised as having murderous tendencies >>54926271
• And a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro didn't ask to be born >>54926291
• Anon's using his USB microscope on the pixels of his phone screen >>54926508 the fibers of his shirt >>54926710 >>54926730 >>54926783 and his leg hair >>54926843 unfortunately it couldn't detect his micropenis >>54926783 posts levels of magnification it can do >>54926955 >>54926972
• Anon ordered Bluedio Q5 bluetooth headphones, they sound like ass >>54912926
• Anon has a rare issue with his Redmi 3 Pro >>54913565
• Anon that bought a Xiaomi Air Purifier >>54904753 and took it apart has reassembled it and is assimilated.. I mean has embraced the chinkbotnet >>54914070
• Anon flew his JJRC H22 into a wall one too many times and now one of the prop engines has stopped working >>54913712 >>54914263
• Anon displays his chink shit, including a vape, a shark and some zircons >>54915313
• RetailBro recommends against buying these USB coffee warmers as they reek of burnt plastic when used >>54919811 tests out a fake "128GB" USB drive >>54922237 >>54922366 >>54922397 >>54922471
• Anon's MiBand suddenly springs back to life after months of refusing to pair with his device >>54926729 >>54926770
• Anon got a Chink Mechanical Keyboard for $35 >>54926873 ugly font aside, it looks nice and the build quality is good but it stinks of "chink factory workers"while also smelling brand new at the same time >>54927149 >>54927208
• Anon receives his Xiaomi Mi5 but doesn't have a nano SIM to use it with >>54931054
Previous thread >>54925935
20 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
A gtx 980 gets around 36 fps in the Ashes of the Singularity dx12 benchmark at crazy settings 1080p (the same settings for AMD’s benchmark they showed at the rx 480 reveal). (source for 980 claim http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/ladders/benchmark/overall/Crazy_1080p?viewType=myself&filters=%7B%22cpu%22:%22Intel(R)%20Core(TM)%20i7-6700K%20CPU%20@%204.00GHz%22,%22api%22:%22DirectX%2012%22,%22gpu%22:%22NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%20980%22%7D )
AMD’s demo showed two rx 480’s in Ashes of the Singularity gettings 62.5 fps, with the performance scaling to 183% the performance of a single rx 480 (source, AMD’s spokesperson https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4m692q/concerning_the_aots_image_quality_controversy/ ). The formula to find the fps of a single card is 1x (the performance of the first card) + .83x (the average % utilization of the second card) = 62.5 fps, and solving that gets x = ~34.2 fps.
A single r9 390 gets around 40 fps at crazy settings, 1080p, in dx12, and with the same processor I used in the gtx 980 search criteria http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/ladders/benchmark/overall/Crazy_1080p?viewType=myself&filters=%7B%22gpu%22:%22AMD%20Radeon%20(TM)%20R9%20390%20Series%22,%22cpu%22:%22Intel(R)%20Core(TM)%20i7-6700K%20CPU%20@%204.00GHz%22,%22api%22:%22DirectX%2012%22%7D .
So the often repeated claim that the rx 480 performs as well as an r9 390 to a gtx 980 is true, but ONLY for dx 12. As you can see from pic related, the r9 390x only gets 57% of its dx12 performance in dx11 at 1080p high settings. IF (and that’s a big if) the rx 480 scales the same way, that means that it would get 19.6 fps in the Ashes of the Singularity benchmark AMD showed if it was in dx11. Because the gtx 980 gets around 40 fps in the AotS benchmark in dx11, that means that for the vast majority of games, the rx 480 would be around HALF as fast as a gtx 980.
17 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
ITT: Software tier lists.
>God Tier: Qutebrowser, Firefox Nightly, Icecat, Palememe
>Okay: Firefox ESR, Chromium,
>Botnet: Chrome , Edge, IE
>I have no life: links, lynx, elinks
>God Tier: Manjaro GNU/Linux, Debian >GNU/Linux, Gentoo GNU/Linux,
>Okay Tier: *buntu, Windows 7, *BSD's
>Shit: Arch (instable, eufi fucking piece of shit).
>God Tier: zsh (with oh-my-zsh), mksh (extremely light)
>Okay Tier: Bash (NO POSIX), Fish (weird syntax and no POSIX)
sh is only useful for scripting and is horrible to use a actual shell, it doesn't even have tab completeion.