/tpg/ - ThinkPad General
225 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Previous thread: >>55195429
IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net
Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).
If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).
Don't buy anything OTHER THAN T, X AND W/P SERIES if you want the Real ThinkPad Experience™
T420 - 14", normal size
X220 - 12.5", ultraportable
Why ThinkPad? (also applies to other business laptops)
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap.
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet.
>Great durability: chassis uses a magnesium rollcage for structural integrity, with high quality plastic body panels.
>Utilitarian design: e.g. indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models.
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop.
>Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model. Spare parts are easy and cheap to obtain.
>The best trackpoint (that red thing in the middle of the keyboard). Great for those who type a lot or hate swiping their fingers all over a touchpad.
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support.
Used ThinkPad Buyers Guide:
New guides by xsauc:
EPP discount for new ThinkPads (USA & Canada only, usually 15%+ off):
ThinkWiki - Info on ThinkPads and running GNU/Linux on them:
ThinkPad service guides w/ tutorial videos:
ThinkPad wallpaper collection:
/spg/ - Smartphone General
19 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.
>reviews, specs, comparisons
>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES
>New Galaxy Note7 leak reveals SD821 and Exynos 8893-powered variants
>Samsung's updated 'Grace' TouchWiz UI for the Note 7 leaks
>LeEco's future flagship to have a dual camera, spy shot reveals
>MIUI 8 to bring along split-screen multitasking feature
>TCL (alcatel) is probably making BlackBerry's next smartphone
>Huawei Honor 8 Passes TENAA: Design & Specs Revealed
>Xiaomi Redmi 3S available for presale at Gearbest
>Sony Xperia X Performance quick review: A flawed phone with an obscene price
/csg/ Chink Shit General
135 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Yes, we know everything is already from China but in here we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.
>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon
>Chink Shit Wiki:
• Its shark week so they're out in full force, these sharks have mistaken anon's package for prey >>55289454 >>55289502 >>55289550 it's a Xiaomi Max! >>55289632 >>55289740 >>55289853 >>55289989 >>55291446
• Dafen Village painters finished anon's commissioned painting and it actually came out great >>55294407 >>55294590 read up on his original contact with them here >>55294649 >>55294675
• Anon got his Xiaomi Square bluetooth speaker from AliExpress for £15 >>55288282 its currently on sale with Gearbest for £13.54 >>55289096
• Anon got his package a day early >>55288908 inside it >>55289043 a Redmeme 3 >>55289101 a car charger, a 64gb shark and a Mitu phone stand >>55289154 >>55289444
• Anon's drunk purchase of a expensive laser cutter arrived, made image of Nicolas Cage appear in his toast >>55290066 >>55290139
• Another anon with the Superlux HD 668B >>55290202
• Anon's screen suffers from light bleeding >>55292087
• Anon bought a endoscope >>55289923 posts webm of it going into his earcanal >>55290147
• Awful Reviews anon unboxes the Xiaomi Yi and posts a photo comparison of the Yi vs a Note 3 Pro >>55295061
• Anon got three parcels full of chink shit >>55295568
• New review by TechTablets of the Teclast X80 Power >>55295737
• Anon bought a bunch of mechanical keyboard switches >>55295851
• Anon got his Redmi 3 and 32gb shark>>55295900
• Anon got himself some NATO straps >>55296342
• Anon bought some mouthfedora stuff >>55297411 >>55297483 & tools >>55297442
• Anon's MIXZA flash drive breaks on him >>55297901
• Anon bought a RUIZU X09 >>55299060
• DutchAnon got a card holder >>55299707 and some screenprotectors that don't fit >>55299719