/tpg/ - ThinkPad General
97 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Previous thread: >>55936873
IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net
Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).
If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).
Don't buy anything OTHER THAN T, X AND W/P SERIES if you want the Real ThinkPad Experience™
T420 - 14", normal size
X220 - 12.5", ultraportable
Why ThinkPad? (also applies to other business laptops)
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap.
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet.
>Great durability: chassis uses a magnesium rollcage for structural integrity, with high quality plastic body panels.
>Utilitarian design: e.g. indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models.
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop.
>Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model. Spare parts are easy and cheap to obtain.
>The best trackpoint (that red thing in the middle of the keyboard). Great for those who type a lot or hate swiping their fingers all over a touchpad.
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support.
Used ThinkPad buyers guide:
xsauc buyers guide:
EPP discount for new ThinkPads (USA & Canada only, usually 15%+ off):
Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
/csg/ Chink Shit General
138 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Yes, we know everything already is from China but in here we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.
>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon
>Chink Shit Randomiser
>Chink Shit Wiki:
• Gearbest has a new warehouse which lead to some confusion in the previous threads, seems like new options >>55949265 were added for registered ($2) unregistered shipping (free ship) and a >>55953097 priority line (faster processing?)
• After 1 week of use anon takes the time to review the Oukitel K4000 >>55956767
• Chinkmaster gets a huge package from Gearbest >>55957184 >>55957228 the headset is of poor quality but sounds good >>55957316 recommends IR thermometer >>55957342 a $3 mouse >>55957409 a RUIZU X02 >>55957534 and a 64gb shark >>55957552
• Anon gets 40% refund after seller forgets to include heatsinks >>55960025
• Recommended bluetooth controller that fits around phones the iPega 9023 >>55960116 >>55960184
• Anon scanned the QR code on a VR controller and it came with a chink apk that allows for streaming of movies and plays games>>55960421 >>55960428
• Motospeed has a new Mechanical keyboard+mouse, the CK666. Currently on sale for $33 shipped making it a very cheap choice for those that don't want the lightmodes that come with the CK104 or aren't able to afford it. >>55960455
• Anon receives selection of 8BitDo controllers >>55960803
• Going to local Chinese stores can land you some usefull chink shit as well >>55961734 >>55961802 >>55961831 >>55961940 >>55961980>>55962020>>55962093
Previous thread >>55956687
/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
287 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Previously on: >>55947581
Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***
Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].
If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine using VirtualBox or other software made for this puporse for safety purposes.
1) Use the Live ISO (if your distribution of choice has one) to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything, that way, you can get to experience the GNU/Linux operating system without installing it.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS, this is recommended if you want to know more about the GNU/Linux operating system.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.
Meet the /fglt/ team:
IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net:6667/flt (6697 for SSL)
If you don't have an IRC client, you can use a web client:
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx, ixquick, startpage, whatever.)
$ man <insert command here>
https://wiki.archlinux.org (Most troubleshoots work on all distros.)
https://wiki.gentoo.org (Please see comment above.)
>>>/t/707928 - /t/'s GNU/Linux Games
>>>/t/713097 - /t/'s GNU/Linux Training Videos
PIN and chip credit cards
19 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
>get new credit card
>it has one of those "chips" europoors on /g/ keep raving about
>go to mcdonalds
>order two mcdoubles, a mcchicken, 20 chicken nuggets, 2 large fries, and a mcflurry
>attempt to slide the chip
>"you have to insert it in the slot underneath, sir"
>the slot takes 30 seconds to find
>60 more seconds for it to "verify"
>beeps when it's done
>go deaf from beeping
>by the time I get to a table, my food is cold and a random shooter has gunned down everyone in the restaurant
>have to tip the shooter
>he only accepts credit cards
>"you have to insert it in the slot underneath, sir"
>get shot because I can't find the slot in time
>now $130k in debt from hospital bills
How is PIN and chip better?
/ptg/ - Private Tracker General
40 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Old thread: >>55892776
New to /ptg/? Have an inquiry? Consult the wiki or the PDF before asking redundant questions
If you have a question check Google and if you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.
What.CD interview info: https://www.whatinterviewprep.com/ and the wiki
Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup:
Use >>>/g/ptg as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.
Remember the following:
>staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before
>staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>sneaky bastards will try to convince you into believing that cheating can be evaded, it can't and you will be banned with those bastards laughing at you
>people may report emails and other personal info posted here to staff to get you banned
>don't respond to anime posters, they are known to ruin threads and shitpost, report and ignore.
>most of the invite offers here are people trolling you with false hope - begging for invites is a waste of time and you should just interview at What.cd
>Easy way to elite on What.cd = whatbetter+search 2016 flac albums on better.php