/wdg/ - web dev general
207 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
old one 3hunna. first time making this thread, but I just pasta'd everything from before. hope it's okay.
#/g/wdg @ irc.rizon.net
Web client: https://www.rizon.net/chat
https://libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
http://www.programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs
>NEET guide to web dev employment
> How to get started
Good videos on the channel too
>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
/csg/ Chink Shit General
116 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Yes, we know everything already is from China but in here we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.
>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon
>Chink Shit Randomiser
>Chink Shit Wiki:
• Anon's happy with this surprisingly good lapel mic for 70cents >>56963779
• Anon receives KZ-ATE, EDUP wireless USB Adapter and the 64gb Shark Micro SD >>56964098
• After reviewing the $10 Curren watch >>56958206 anon provides link for those in need of one >>56964595
• Try testing your shark using a sd card reader >>56964761
• Anon receives a bunch of 1cent deals >>56965456 >>56965471
• Anon received some new keycaps for his Magicforce mech. keyboard >>56968139
• Anon posts KingDian S280-240gb bench >>56968147
• Anon received a 3.5" slot Card Reader >>56968842
• Anon bought a bunch of bike lights >>56969501 his cat seems to take a liking to them >>56969536 though they're not terrible bright >>56969575
• Anon likes the KZ ZS3, says they're awesome >>56970213
• Anon receives the MIXZA Colourful Non-Sharks >>56970226 benches them >>56970492
• Anon reviews a bunch of things, like a keyboard, a headphone stand and a touch pen >>56970903
• Polish anon is very satisfied with his purchase of a Redmi Note 3 Pro >>56971379 takes picture of old VW van >>56971416
• Anon got a bunch of 99cent pill pens >>56971954
Previous thread >>56961837
/tpg/ - ThinkPad General
162 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Previous thread: >>56972184
IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net
Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).
If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).
Don't buy anything OTHER THAN T, X AND W/P SERIES if you want the Real ThinkPad Experience™
T420 - 14", normal size
X220 - 12.5", ultraportable
Why ThinkPad? (also applies to other business laptops)
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap.
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet.
>Great durability: chassis uses a magnesium rollcage for structural integrity, with high quality plastic body panels.
>Utilitarian design: e.g. indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models.
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop.
>Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model. Spare parts are easy and cheap to obtain.
>The best trackpoint (that red thing in the middle of the keyboard). Great for those who type a lot or hate swiping their fingers all over a touchpad.
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support.
Used ThinkPad buyers guide:
xsauc buyers guide:
EPP discount for new ThinkPads (USA & Canada only, usually 15%+ off):
Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
/pcbg/ - PC Building General
16 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
>Gaming builds based on purpose or display resolution / Hz
>To see build notes and other options, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list to activate Description
>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
>*Outdated graphics card recommendations and other problems*
>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.
Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA. If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price, or improve specs or build quality.
If you see any other build advice or part list threads, please politely direct them here.