20 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 84052fac-9db7-4d8f-8403-a449e5f6fe79.jpg]
sup /g/, my friend is about to buy a gaming pc for 1,569$. Here are the specs:
case: CM Storm Scout II Gaming Midi Tower
PSU: Corsair CX 500W PSU ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze
CPU:AMD FX-4300 4-Core Processor Socket-AM3+, 3.8Ghz, 95W, 4MB L2 + 6MB L3 Cache, 32nm, Black Edition
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, Socket-AM3+ ATX, 970+SB950
ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 Kit w/2x 4GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, 1.5V, Vengeance Heatspreader, 240
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, "OC", with BioShock, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
storage: WD Desktop Green 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, (SATA 3.0), RPM = IntelliPower, 64MB, 3.5"
Is it worth the price?
pic related; it's the pc
0 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 1322945724199s.jpg]
How to make linux your bitch:
1) remove all built-in drivers, one at a time, and replace with generic drivers for all of your hardware.
2) forget about the built-in gcc compiler, it'll take too long to get familiar with its eccentricities; use mono instead.
3) code in C#. This is the best advice anyone ever gave to me, and vice versa.
4) if you get a compile-time error, compile it with the same compiler in windows. If it works there, put sleep commands in your code where linux is expected to access files.
5) if you get a run-time error, google it. Chances are, hundreds of people will have encountered it before. It's not your fault, it's linux.
This is only half meant in jest. All 5 of these steps ensured that my project got up and running in time for the presentation/initial demo. Remember, Linux is a bitch, but it can be your bitch.
15 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Untitled.png]
So /g/, I am in need of your help. Please.
I am having trouble with a 2.5" HDD, I believe the file system is all fucked up.
It has 2 partitions, Win7 and Win8 dev preview, when I try to boot from it the furthest I can get is past the windows 7 splash screen, and onto a blank screen with a cursor in the centre.
When I boot Win8 from another disk it will read as raw. So far I have tried testdisk, and only the win8 partition is readable. I believe the problem was caused by the device failing during chkdsk.
I would appreciate all the help I could get.
Q: Install Gentoo.
A:This is a matter of file recovery, not destruction.
Q:Backup, format, reinstall, Now shut the fuck up!
A: Having trouble with the "backing up" bit
Q: Noobs gonna noob.
A: I backup all my shit, so this has never been a problem for me.
Q: Delete System32
A: I would gladly drop this disk in acid once I've got the files off it