2D: the Gathering Custom Card Set
100 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Hakurei Reimu.png]
There has been some interest in designing a card game but honestly it seems quite hard to find a system as adaptable as the Magic the Gathering framework. So I was thinking maybe we should just roll with that.
I would like to start a semi-collaborative custom card project. The intention is for the set to be played internally as a standalone game. It would be nice to have some sort of searchable database at some point but that's putting the cart before the horse.
1. The designated format will be Vanguard. If you're not familiar with it, basically you start the game with an emblem-type-thing that gives you access to certain abilities.
2. The target powerlevel of creatures is INV-RAV.
3. There will be universal subtyping (no distinction between creature, land, enchantment types); types with associated rules text (aura, equipment) will be kicked up to type.
4. There will be automatic subtype association to be codified somewhere. "Destroy target Supernatural creature" can hit deities, outsiders, ghosts, etc.
5. Combat damage uses the stack.
1. This will be a collaborative project. Choose some part of some universe, make some cards, and submit them for consideration. Text-only submissions are encouraged.
2. Loosely speaking this will be an "anime-themed" project, so all universes are welcome. I'm uncertain as to whether I want to invite /a/ or /tg/ to take part.
3. I will be in charge of templating, powerlevel, etc.
4. The same character can come in common, uncommon, rare, and mythic versions.
5. Set is meant for self-contained constructed play, I don't think anyone will ever draft this.
Once we have enough cards, I will try and release some sort of file that will allow people to play online through existing Magic software.
Please indicate if you would have any interest in this sort of thing or if there are any suggestions you would like to make.
Old japanese animated movie/series
15 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Macross.jpg]
/jp/, I have a question that maybe only you can answer.
Many years ago, when I was a child, I watched a strange movie of a parasite that looked like a pair of egg yolks that attached itself to the eyes of its victims and then controlled them for a short time, before jumping to the next, leaving only a dead husk. It left a deep impression in me and I was wondering if any of you may have hard or seen it.
Please, I do not know where else to ask.