Recruiter / Joining the Armed Forces General.
44 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: US NAvy.jpg]
So I went to the recruiter's office today. Took a Pre-ASVAB after getting a 95 a few years ago. I got a disappointing 91 this time, but that's still good enough that he thinks I might auto qualify for the Nuke program.
Now, being a recruiter, the dude told me a lot of awesome stuff about the program, and I have no doubt in my mind that some details may be stretched. I would like to independently verify some of the things he told me.
1. The Nuke training program is affiliated with MIT.
2. If you auto-qualify for the nuke program, you won't be allowed to do anything else, or there will be a ton of pressure to sign on for nuke.
3. The reason Nuke is in such high demand is because private companies are willing to pay Nuke Techs 100k a year starting, and the Navy can't compete with that.
4. The Navy offers 11k-50k signing/re-enlistment bonuses/wages. (both of those numbers came up, and I'm not sure what fits where.)
5. Corpsman is overpopulated, and not a field for the cerebral.
Also, some MEPS questions:
1. I have some pretty bad scars from cat scratches on both my arms, acne scars, and stretch marks. Are they looking for weird skin diseases or something?
2. I was on ADHD medications in grade school.
3. I was on antidepressants for a month or two, having received counselling for a few months. I believe I was a minor at the time, but I may have been just 18.
4. High School took me 5 years. I was moving around a lot and basically tanked a year because of it.
Will any of the above be a serious problem? The recruiter didn't ask about the scars, but a form they made me fill out did.
Will the antidepressants effect my Security Clearance?