19 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 1352330073622.png]
hey im not a /lit/fag but i had some topics with my friend lately and i thought you might have an opinion on this
nothing paranormal in this thread, just a discussion about life, universe and humans in general
Said friend and I discussed about human life in the universe and behaviour of humans.
At the end of the discussion we talked about urges/impulses of humans.
I said if I had no impulses/urges anymore my brain would instantly shut off and I'd die.
My friend said you become depressed, but i say, when you are depressed you still have some very deep unconscious urges and impulses which keep you alive.
very short our conversation where be both agreed on:
-primary object of humans is keeping its race alive (reproduction)
-every (even this) action in ones life is reducible to the primary object
-what's the idea behind it: because the universe exploded (expand) the logical harmony of the universe is to expand, so are humans.
then we talked about how meaningless our life is and the "breaker box" keeps us in it. humans can never say something and mean it 100%, humans only can know symbolically 99% and therefore it is unlogical to kill oneself because of the other 1% that you're theory could be wrong.
4 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: CRI_211451.jpg]
I'm looking for a book or books on postmodern literature, historically, philosophically, etc. and I don't know where to start. Also looking for a postmodern version of The Hero With A Thousand Faces, some foundation work on postmodern story elements and construction. I thought I'd ask yall, you seem to like books.
4 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: deleuze y guattari.jpg]
How come people always quote the difficult, obscure passages from Deleuze and Guattari, but nobody ever mentions some of the wonderfully inspirational passages? I wish I knew they included stuff like this before I started reading them:
>Write to the nth power, the n-1 power, write with slogans: Make rhizomes, not roots, never plant! Don't sow, grow offshoots! Don't be one or multiple, be multiplicities! Run lines, never plot a point! Speed turns the point into a line! Be quick, even when standing still! Line of chance, line of hips, line of flight. Don't bring out the General in you! Don't have just ideas, just have an idea. Have short-term ideas. Make maps, not photos or drawings. Be the Pink Panther and your loves will be like the wasp and the orchid, the cat and the baboon. As they say about old man river:
>He don't plat 'tatos
>Don't plant cotton
>Them that plants them is soon forgotten
>But old man river he just keeps rollin' along
I just thought that was beautiful, and I never see people talking about how great some passages from ATP are. So I decided to share.