Wild Arms references in Symphogear
38 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 201302180044434bd.jpg]
First of all, background: Symphogear is written by Kaneko Akifumi.
Kaneko Akifumi wrote all the Wild Arms games.
Symphogear is filled with Wild Arms references.
I'm going to list as many as I can.
Tsubasa: "I don't stop walking because you're there when I look up to the sky"
You're there when I look up to the sky" = Sora wo miageru, kimi ga iru kara = the WA4 OP song
Aoi: "Have something warm." Hibiki: "Thank you for something warm."
Wild Arms 2 Lilka prologue dialogue. Later also in Clive's prologue.
(If it isn't obvious referring to a hot drink as "something warm" isn't normal in Japanese as well as in English)
Hibiki: "We still have memories!"
"Heiki, hecchara" (I'm fine, totally fine) = Lilka's catchphrase, WA2
"Hecchara janai yo" = No (you're/I'm) not fine = Lilka's line from when they fail to save Ashley, WA2
"Zutto, kitto, motto" = Virginia, WA3
43 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: dendoh.jpg]
So I started watching Dendoh yesterday, and holy shit this show is fun as hell. I love it.
Unfortunately, I've run out of decent subs, and holy interlacing Batman. The video quality on the crabsticks is appalling. And the worst part is, they're hardsubs, so they can't be applied to decent raws. At least the subs seem halfway intelligible.
I remember /m/ subs was going to pick up where ODF left off, but did that ever get past one episode? I'm only seeing episode 12 on their website.
3 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: mechanimu experiences.png]
Okay /m/, I want to try something different.
Let's measure up our experiences with shows/movies/etc. Number it or don't, doesn't matter.
It's pretty simple:
1. Backlog (I'm sure everyone knows what this is, but hey, why the hell not?): The list of shows/movies/animus you plan to watch, but haven't got around to yet
2. In Progress: The shows that you're currently watching and/or desperately need to finish/continue
3. In Season: Shows you're watching that are currently airing or may continue sometime soon
4. Completed (Positive Experience): Any show you've watched to completion that you felt generally good about watching. It doesn't matter if it was AOTYAYEY or "complete shit, but I still enjoyed watching it", it goes here.
[Optional] The shows that you have, with complete honesty, no opinion either way about.
5. Completed (Negative Experience): Similar to 4, but shows that you didn't like overall
6. Dropped: Shows that you just couldn't bear to watch to completion, whether it be boredom, poor writing, horrid visuals, or some other problem that was just so pressing that caused you to just quit
If you can't fit it into a reply, just upload it in a picture.
And remember: My Taste > Yo'ure Taste