Japanese distance-based fares, you so crazy
0 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Nahakotsu_BU04_oldcolor_1door.jpg]
I happened to be looking up information on traveling by bus in Okinawa, and I found out that they have this convoluted pay-on-exit fare system for their rural routes.
1. Board bus. Take ticket from farebox.
2. When preparing to alight, check number printed on ticket against electronic sign at the front of the bus. Sign will indicate fare to pay.
3. Deposit ticket and fare into farebox, exact change only. (A change machine is available to break 1,000 yen notes if necessary.)
How the fuck does that not result in astronomical dwell times from confused/ignorant passengers? Seattle might have a vaguely similar system, but at least they have ORCA cards to smooth out payment.
1 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 1347676289756.jpg]
Hey /n/, newbie biker here.
my bike's brakes are starting to have a few problems
1. I have to squeeze pretty hard to get some friction onto the wheel.
2. when I do squeeze my hands off, the brakes stay in, making me push the brake handle back into it's normal place.
I'm pretty okay with tools, so I think fixing this myself might be kinda easy, but I don't know what to even look up on youtube to start trying to "fix" my problems.
some help would be greatly appreciated, Pictures not related. I don't have that many images on my laptop