22 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
In my province the idea of bringing back annual vehicle inspections, which were removed about 20 years ago is a hot topic. Currently you need an inspection for a transfer of ownership, or annually if it's a taxi or over 4500kg GVWR.
Personally, I think it's a horrible idea. Inspections are carried out by independent garages, who profit form any associated repairs. The crowd that is sounding the alarm on this subject is you guessed it: garages, dealerships and mechanics.
99% of people have a car that is in safe driving condition. The other 1% would still never get an inspection, because they don't have insurance or even a god damned valid licensee half the time.
So what I am asking you is; What are your thoughts on annual vehicle inspections? Good or bad? What are some other regulation that exist to keep death traps off the road that actually work?