Tournament of Champions: General Thread
285 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Final_4.png]
Ok guys, first off, because Ferrari forgot to show up to the thread, Lotus beats Ferrari to advance
Secondly....Mercedes defeats Porsche to advance. Now as I know this is going to steam a lot of rear ends, so I am actually going to outline how I scored this, and give a little judging summary on how I arrived at it so people don;t think I just rushed to my own conclusions. It was a 4.3 split decision
1. Contribution to consumer auto industry ---- Mercedes
2. Contribution to motorsports & motorsports legacy ---- Porsche
3. Most ‘great’ engines *(See note on scoring) ---- Mercedes
4. Most ‘great’ models *(See note on scoring) ---- Mercedes
5. Scope of work in the automotive field: Lineup/model diversification, worldwide availability, market penetration ----Mercedes
6. Best verbal arguments ---- Porsche
7. Brand Prestige/X-Factor/Cool Wall Factor/Winning the poll*(Winning the poll does not guarantee winning this category!!) ---- Porsche
Porsche has done great work for auto enthusiasts, but as the scoring guidelines will show, we are looking beyond simply who makes the best cars for enthusiasts.
And again, the scoring comes based on the contributions to the thread, so if it wasn't included in the thread, it wasn't scored. That being said, the Mercedes fans made a better case for engines and cars than did Porsche. They also made a stronger case for Mercedes contribution to the Consumer auto industry and their scope of work looking at the company as a whole.
Porsche gets wins for having contributed more to motorsports, being the better pinup model brand, and the best verbal arguments (ep3_lol getting the MVP award for them). That said, the postings for Mercedes in the end made a case for Mercedes being the stronger overall brand, which is what won them the victory.
The chart includes your final 4 match-ups which will start on the 10th. I will post the times as soon as I get my schedule figured out. You may now commence with the yelling
45 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Car Options 02.jpg]
In 2014 I plan on building a RWD missle car. I want something with dents and scratches preferably, so I can get it at a cheap price, but want it to be street legal. This won't be DD, it's just for a street legal track car. Here's a list of what I'm looking at, let me know if there are any other cars that are similar to these POS that I should be interested in.
>must be manual
>must be sold in USA