0 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
I'm interested in where everyone usually get their papercrafting materials or discussions with other crafters, including this board.
And I've made a short survey for those who want to take a minute or two to answer it.
You could also answer the questions right here, they're as follow.
1. What websites do you usually use regarding papercraft? E.g. forums, databases, subreddits, etc.
2. Why do you use said website(s)? E.g. community, collection, etc.
3. What elements or functions do you think the websites need? E.g. more users, better discussion boards, larger database, etc.
7 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
This is not strictly a papercraft question, but it does involve patterns so I figure that someone out there might be interested in puppet making as it seems like the kind of creative hobby that might go hand in hand with origami.
I'm trying to make some puppets for a short film that I'm going to be shooting with a friend soon. The only problem is that there are very few free puppet patterns that are half decent. The puppet thats I want to make are Muppet style ones, with room for hands inside to manipulate the faces.
I've found some patterns for a round head style, but we really need an oblong headed puppet (pic related). The only site that you can buy puppet patterns from charges like $60/pattern and they don't even send you the thing electronically, they ship it so to get it to the UK it would be basically the same again. And even then its only a one use job! This is vastly out of our price range.
I cant find any decent patterns online that are in good quality except for one round head pattern, but we'd like the option of different styles.
I don't suppose any of you lovely people have any patterns that I could use? I've tried torrent sites, google, etc. to no avail. The site I mentioned about buying from is called ProjectPuppet, if anyone has any of these patterns I could use I would be very grateful.
Tips and tricks
6 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
I want to get into the papercraft world and the first thing that came into my mind was "I should make a tank". So I browsed the netsies and shops and found this (pic related). Before buying this I have a few questions:
1. In various forums, people strenghten the carcass and some other parts of their models. What kind of paper should I use to strenghten parts?
2. I've heard, that tank tracks are a pain in fucking everywhere to make. I'd like a few tips or tricks that'd make this less of a hell.
3. What glue is the best for models?
I will post the making of this model(or any other model, really) in this board once I get it. Hopefully we'll build it together lol.
Also, general newbie/tips and tricks thread.