[  3  /  a  /  adv  /  an  /  c  /  cgl  /  ck  /  cm  /  co  /  diy  /  fa  /  fit  /  g  /  i  /  ic  /  jp  /  k  /  lit  /  m  /  mlp  /  mu  /  n  /  o  /  p  /  po  /  q  /  sci  /  sp  /  tg  /  toy  /  trv  /  tv  /  v  /  vg  /  vp  /  w  /  wg  /  wsg  /  x  ]

/tg/ Traditional Games

Warning: All the content of this page originally come from 4chan.org. This is only a partial archive made to avoid destruction. Some posts and images may be missing. All the messages below have been posted by anonymous users and we do not guarantee any truth of what they said.
For any illegal content, please contact me so that I can immediatly destroy it!

Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:13:31 No.27875230

[Missing image file: FO3_Armored_Vault_Suit.jpg]

What is it about post-apocalyptic settings that make them so interesting?

Also good systems/games for post apocalypse settings?


>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:17:53 No.27875325
Many folk are naturally drawn to "bleak" scenarios.

The worse the circumstances, the greater the perceived triumph that is achieved.
Also, when the whole world is broken, it makes you question what you can fix, if you can at all.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:24:26 No.27875446
Surviving an apocalypse can make the world seem "new" again. There are fresh things to see, the world as we know it is no more.

It brings you back to simpler times, where we hadn't explored what was over the next hill, where traveling took significant amounts of time and consideration, where the world was full of discovery and exploration, where here, there really could, be dragons.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:25:37 No.27875480
>>27875230
WoD had a section on Post apoc in their Mirrors book.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:30:01 No.27875558
>>27875230
>Also good systems/games for post apocalypse settings?
I'd suggest Basic Roleplaying, but Savage Worlds, Storyteller, GURPS and others will do fine as well.

If you're swedish I can recommend "Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare" or even "Wasteland". If you're not then I guess Apocalypse World or maybe even an earlier edition (pre d20) of Gamma World would be a good pick.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:30:25 No.27875573
It allows a fresh outlook on a wild, unfamiliar, and dangerous world, and allows someone to experiment with freedom from moral order: The many who succumb to baser urges and devolve to savagery, the few who cling to the old ways and try to rebuild, the one who adapts but retains the altruism that makes them human, and changes everything - whether for the better or worse - because of it.

It's just a fun concept to run with. Also because it gives you a perfect excuse to fuck with people who buy into that Objectivist philosophy bullshit Ayn Rand was known for.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:31:43 No.27875595
>>27875446
Also a simpler time where the passive aggressive, "ruin your life without getting my hands dirty" faggots get a bullet in the head like they deserve.

That's a big motivator there.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:33:33 No.27875637
Because you're a nerd with no money, genetic inheritance or social skills. It's a naturally appealing environment in which you can use the otherwise useless knowledge you've accumulated over the years to become some kind of messiah figure.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:36:26 No.27875693
>>27875595
There will always be someone like that.

>>27875637
Troll line

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:38:35 No.27875731
What makes it appealing is pretty basic, male, adolescent fantasy.

You get to pretend to be noble and give into your destructive tenancies. You imagine yourself surviving and being able to be completely free of social restrictions while material satisfied by all the looting. You get to imagine both a world of your most base urges, and a world in which overcoming them qualifies as an accomplishment (instead of simply preventing your from seeming like such a dick). And you get to imagine yourself in it and surviving because you pretend that everyone but you would be really stupid.

It's very angsty, white male teen. And that's why I like it, too--don't get me wrong. But that's pretty much all the draw of post-apocalypse worlds is. Not that it only appeals to emotionally stunted white males. But mostly it plays to them, and people who have picked up some of their values in other venues than suburbia.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:41:23 No.27875775
Except for Space and the oceans, there are no more frontiers, but a global apocalypse sort of wipes the slate clean, creating new frontiers where there were none

And frontiers are romantic. We're drawn to them.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:41:43 No.27875783
>>27875731
What if you don't play a self-insert character?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:41:53 No.27875784

[Missing image file: Proud slav hero enjoys th(...).jpg]
>>27875230
For me it's the same reason I enjoy Stalker; it's all about surviving and scraping by rather than gunning down hordes of enemies, and just that in itself makes it uniquely fun.
It also appealing themes that can go with it, from a "Humanity: Fuck Yeah" perspective about people just holding on no matter what, to something more akin to Fallout about the folly of human nature (war never changes and all that).

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:46:07 No.27875849
>>27875783
I don't grant your premise. If you are role-playing the character, it's a self-insert. Imagining someone completely different than you, and then you being that person and doing those things, is still imagining you doing those things.

When you're the player in an RPG, you're the actor--not the author. Unless your RPG is very boardgame like or you're not getting into it, then your character will always be a self-insert.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:48:21 No.27875880
Apocalyptic fiction is rapture theology for a postchristian society.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:50:38 No.27875913
>>27875849
He's talking about a character who's specifically supposed to be you, with your thoughts, feelings, and opinions.

If you are role-playing a character, then theoretically that person is going to have their own goals, morals, knowledge, and basic tendencies, but a self-insert is meant to be YOUR goals, YOUR tendencies, etc.

It's the difference between playing a survivalist whose intentions are to survive, to thrive, who maybe would like to make some money and get a house, and playing yourself whose main goals is to have a good time and kill all the bad guys, because it's a game amiright?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:54:47 No.27875980
>>27875849
I will grant that there will always be elements of self-insertion, as you cannot write from a completely different perspective as your own. But as you said, you're the actor, and sometimes actors play roles that are very different from their own personalities. Doesn't that in and of itself make you an author? Because you have to act in this role that is not you, you have to come up with things that the character would do, retroactive writing.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:55:54 No.27875996
>>27875913
I am aware of what he's talking about. But every character is on a spectrum of self-insert, when you play them from the first-person perspective. Whether the character is supposed to be exactly like you or not? You're still playing it from first-person, and it's still a self-insert. Same reason that first-person novels are almost unavoidably self-inserts (although I grant that a very tiny fraction of very talented authors can write from first-person without self-inserting).

The point being that, regardless of the character you play, it's you fantasizing about being that world of male, adolescent freedom. GM's can third-person the world and the characters, but players don't (although I suppose they could). The draw of the post-apocalypse world is the draw of being emotionally stunted man-children. It's like playing a regular RPG squared.

Nothing wrong with it, but let's be a little bit honest with ourselves.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:59:10 No.27876038

[Missing image file: kenshiro_4794.jpg]
Because we all want to be Kenshiro.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 05:59:37 No.27876044
>>27875980
I think I was still writing >>27875996, which addresses that. The number of actors who can pull off playing a character and not making it a self-insert is ridiculously small. That's why actors become stars and we get to know their names. It's why a Robert Deniro movie is always a Robert Deniro movie, no matter who the character is. It's probably theoretically possible to play a character from the first-person perspective without it being a self-insert. But if any of us were capable of doing it? We'd probably be a lot more famous for being one of the greatest actors in the history of the world.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:00:54 No.27876069
http://www.cracked.com/article/136_5-reasons-you-secretly-want-zombie-apocalypse/

Because this. All of this. Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:05:09 No.27876126
>>27875558
>GURPS
It has the capacity to handle a lot of valuable aspects of post-apocalypse. Missed sleep, starvation, thirst, harsh climate, radiation, infections, and so on. The problem is that almost all of these rules are tiresome to learn and keep track off for someone who's new to the system.

>TL;DR
Never played GURPS? There's probably better choices.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:05:44 No.27876137
>>27876069
That is exactly accurate, but I think #2 should have been #1, if the list is a ranking of those reasons. It's pretty basic, human nature that teenage boys are emotionally stunted dicks, almost all the time. And even when we grow out of it, it's still a little bit true. And we secretly all feel like we deserve to be rewarded when we're not dicks. So a world in which being a dick is the right thing to do actually makes us the praise-worthy exception on the rare occasion when we don't give into being bratty children.

The only thing that article is missing is that it really does need to make it clear how much it is very-specifically talking to men.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:07:57 No.27876162
>>27875996
>The point being that, regardless of the character you play, it's you fantasizing about being that world of male, adolescent freedom.

This I can agree with, this is the purpose - Your purpose - in playing as the character. Third-person-ing it out doesn't change that much.

It's still far and above better than the escapism presented with a so-called self-insert character. I mean, we're talking about someone who is meant to be oneself, only able to do all of these things that character A is able to do.

The difference being, playing Character A rather than an inserted character is admitting that this is not oneself, but that you are indulging in the role of this heroic (Or unheroic) character. The Insert is making the argument that you ARE the heroic character, that your goals and ideals hold up and are more important than a goal realized in the setting, and that the game is here for your selfish amusement rather than the theoretical narrative or group experience.

I suppose they're still levels of indulgence and escapism, but one of these can be called healthy and a creative endeavor, while the other one is explicitly made for wish fulfillment and escapism.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:11:13 No.27876196
>>27876126
There's a reason why it was last. It's not my cup of tea. I'd rather go with BRP and homebrew my way from there.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:16:47 No.27876258
>>27876162
I said the third person thing because it's the internet, and there's always some guy who will argue over the specific words you chose to come up with a ridiculous, theoretical counter-argument, so that he can proclaim himself right.

Which is done, of course, because being on the internet is freeing in the exact same way as fantasizing about a post-apocalypse world, in that being a petulant, pathetic dick is accepted and even the norm, and refraining from doing so is treated derisively more often than it's praised. Just as an analogy for why we find post apoc so attractive.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:19:50 No.27876282

[Missing image file: 2013-04-29.jpg]
>>27876038

Yes.

Also, this comic can be read left-to-right and right-to-left and it still works.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:24:03 No.27876339

[Missing image file: pcl_01.jpg]
Is there a game portrays a bleak and hopeless post-apocalyptic world à la 'The Road'? I'm guessing that it doesn't lends itself for a game setting, but I think it'd be an interesting approach instead of something like Mad Max or Fallout.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:24:28 No.27876345
>>27876282
>Also, this comic can be read left-to-right and right-to-left and it still works.

Huh. Well, I'll be damned.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:24:31 No.27876347
>>27876069
you just linked a cracked article. You already proved yourself wrong.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:29:07 No.27876440
Rape.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:29:08 No.27876441

[Missing image file: 1288682700496.gif]

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:30:14 No.27876459
>>27876347
This comment encapsulates exactly point #2 of the article. The appeal of a post-apoc world to most immature males is often exactly the same as the appeal of the internet to that same group.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:45:30 No.27876651
>>27876440
>not taking in a poor, malnourished catgirl survivalist wannabe
>not showing her the ways of the wastes, which she learns very quickly
>not taking a liking to her after she shows you she can hit a target at 400 yards with anything
>not comforting her at night when she breaks down and cries about the world that you all had to leave behind
>not training her more and more every day
>not waking up one day to the realization that she has become a better survivor than you
>not tearfully leaving her behind to fend for herself
>not leaving her your lucky pip-boy 9001
Have fun with your rape.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:51:46 No.27876709
>>27876651
>tearfully leaving her behind
>not making her into a permanent companion
>not going on wacky post-apocalyptic adventures with her and your eyebot or cyberdog

Have fun with that, anon...

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 06:54:06 No.27876726
>>27876651
>Finds out you left her behind
>Cat side takes over
>Tracks you down
>Drops you at 400 yards
>If she can't have you, no one will
Should have just raped her.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:01:17 No.27876790
>>27876339
Off the top of my head, maybe The Last of Us or The Walking Dead?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:02:37 No.27876809
>>27876709
>>27876726
I know, I know, it's the bad ending. Permanent killer catgirl companion would be hella fun.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:03:07 No.27876812
Sometimes it's just a good reason to create an culture that's very strange compared to our own. My favorite post-apoc game was in a homebrew setting a friend of mine created, where the other players and I traveled around the waste acquiring pigs, which were the dominant commodity, and wives, which seemed to the the third most dominant commodity, after scrap metal. That was a hell of a good time.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:16:05 No.27876889
>>27876651
>>27876709
>>27876726
Sounds like a Deadlands: HoE character I played, only replace "drops you at 400 yards" with "uses radiation-magic to cook you like a Hot Pocket."

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:29:43 No.27877024
>>27876889
Sniper assassin catgirl or Little Miss Microwave catgirl. Choices, choices.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:41:29 No.27877113
Quick question:
could Wanderist communism be a valid fixture in a homebrewed post-apoc setting?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 07:50:21 No.27877200
>>27877024
Admittedly, Geiger Kitty had her share of quirks, having grown up in the ruins of an anime convention that was going on in Vegas when the bombs dropped. She modded her doomsayer robes in to a magical girl outfit and had a disadvantage that required her to shout out long names for any attack powers. That was a weird fucking campaign.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:00:41 No.27877290
>>27876339
For those uncultured swine who havent read the novel, can you tell us what differs between The Road and things such as Mad Max or Fallout?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:11:08 No.27877365
>>27875637
Wouldn't the ability to accumulate otherwise useless knowledge and skills and apply them in desperate situations be the greatest genetic inheritance? You're a credit to yourself and your species in any situation, a bunch of unrealized potential

All you have to do is stop sitting around in your basement and use yourself.

>Hi, I'm good looking and virile. I will have many sons.
>Hi, I'm the one that taught that guy how to not die. He owes me a lot of favours. I too will have many sons.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:11:27 No.27877368

[Missing image file: theroad.jpg]
>>27877290

Mad Max and Fallout are exciting! Great opportunities for adventure abound! Sure it's a tough living, but it's a living.

The Road on the other hand is what a post-nuclear world would most likely be. A nuclear winter is killing all plant life, and therefore all animal life. It is depressing. Fights are not about gasoline or territory, it's about fending off other people that want you for dinner.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:25:44 No.27877465
>>27877290

The Road is the true face of humanities end.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:35:16 No.27877539
>>27877368
>>27877465
Cheers big ears'

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:38:33 No.27877567
>>27877113
>Wanderist communism
What?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:39:39 No.27877575
>>27877567
Wanderist communism is where you mostly just wander around, but -sometimes- help out in a foundry for beets and bread.

Hippie communes are probably the closest thing to a real-world example of Wanderist communism.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 08:50:29 No.27877642
The truth is, that it appeals to the man inside us.

It's a male, mostly adolescent ,power fantasy. It's a scenario where basically the strong survive, there's a whole new world to explore, full of dangers and horrors, and the good , the prepared, smart and strong, get ahead, and there's no laws stopping you from 'righting wrongs', and 'being a hero', doing 'what's right'.

However, the problem is that such situations, people never see themselves as what they would be- survivors. You wouldnt be some wandering badass hero- why would you be? The average geek is a thin, nerdy geek, or a fat, overweight slob with no real combat skills.You live in a world of comforts and delight, where you dont have to do real work.

In a post apocalyptic scenario?
You'd have to work. Scavenge. Set up farms. Work hard, every day, scrounging for the barest of comforts, and eventually, die, when thugs come in massive numbers and kill you to take your stuff, because the strong always overtake the weak, and in this world of guns , all it takes is a gang of angry thugs.

You're not some badass navy seal or soldier.
Why would you WANT to live in a world that doesnt favor your skills?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 09:32:38 No.27878005
>>27877642
Because it's cool.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 09:41:06 No.27878067
>>27877642
I wouldn't, because I'm not a manchild.

Which you have to be to be an apocalypse fetishist.

The fact that I have a chronic illness that already would've killed me at 26 if it weren't for modern medicine, clean surgical facilities, and antibiotics, kind of puts a damper on fantasies about 'the good old days' or 'the future that's been reduced to a level of primitivism comparable to the good old days' for me.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 09:57:54 No.27878177
>>27878067

Wow, you must be a barrel of laughs to play with.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:07:30 No.27878644
>>27877200
Geiger Kitty is now on my list of names for future characters.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:43:14 No.27878850
>>27876651
> Training her up
> She's a better survivor than you
> She brings home murder presents; dead raiders, wasteland beasts, etc.
> She starts training you up
> Eventually leaves you behind as dead weight, with the pipboy she found in a vault

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:45:09 No.27878863

[Missing image file: CatgirlMurderPresents2.jpg]
>>27878850
> Forgot pic relevant

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:50:56 No.27878899
>>27875230
>Also good systems/games for post apocalypse settings?
Other Dust
Mutant Future

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:53:52 No.27878913
>>27878067
Your life is pathetic, not tragic.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:54:59 No.27878921
>>27875230
>What is it about post-apocalyptic settings that make them so interesting?
I grew bored of them by the time I was 15. But again, I've read so much science-fiction that 99% of it bores me to death nowadays, so, yeah.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:59:03 No.27878946
>>27878921
I truly pity you, anon. For you can no longer know these joys.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 11:59:46 No.27878956
>>27878067
You're weird. Why do you assume that the enjoyment of post-apocalyptic media can only stem from wanting it to happen?

I'm pretty sure people don't watch horror movies because they want to be brutally murdered.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:00:50 No.27878965
>>27878921
That wasn't a very good answer to the question.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:04:22 No.27878989
>>27878067
I imagine playing with you is a lot like playing with some guy who enlisted for Vietnam but never actually got there.

You talk non-stop about how your apparently relevant perceptions affect how you understand the current fictional shit while everyone else lets theirs go unsaid because they are trying to have fun.

But you're in the room, so nobody is having fun.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:04:36 No.27878993
>>27878965
Well, sure, I shouldn't have answered it, since I don't actually find them interesting.

>>27878946
Oh, don't worry, I still find good science-fiction interesting. I'm just not that much into planetary romance, post-apoc or old space opera anymore. I still feel overjoyed when I read Greg Egan or Kim Stanley Robinson or somesuch.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:05:02 No.27878995
>>27878956
>freud 101
They enjoy it as a fantasm I guess.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:06:17 No.27879002
>>27878965
The important thing is he anonymously told everyone about how he hates post apocalyptic fiction and all fiction in general.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:08:45 No.27879016
>>27875731
So you see the more rational explanations posted then decide to post an idiotic one that implies most people who like post-apocalyptic worlds are emotionally stunted or angsty. Well done you prick.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:08:56 No.27879018
>>27879002
I don't hate either.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:10:12 No.27879025
after watching worlds end tonight, I think it'd be interesting to run or play in a game set after the end of the film.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:11:47 No.27879032
>>27876069
#2 is horseshit, even in a post apocalyptic game with negligible ingame and zero real world consequences I am not a dick.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:12:35 No.27879036
>>27876137
>how much it is very-specifically talking to men

Femanon here. This is bullshit. I, too, yearn for the Zombie Apocalypse.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:13:40 No.27879041
>>27879036
>yearning for apocalypse
You're an idiot.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:15:28 No.27879059
>>27878067
>apocalypse fetishist

You realise right that the vast vast majority of people who play Fallout are not 'fetishists' for the concept right?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:16:31 No.27879063
>>27878067
>I wouldn't, because I'm not a manchild.
Shouldn't contradict yourself right at the start of your argument.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:16:47 No.27879065

[Missing image file: D6 MODERN RPG.pdf]
simple D6 game for a mostly-roleplay system with a creative GM (Read: lazily written rules with very little detail)

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:16:55 No.27879067
>>27879041

And you're autistic. Learn to nuance and implication, you automaton.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:18:09 No.27879078
>>27879067
Where's the nuance in "I yearn for the Zombie apocalypse"?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:19:23 No.27879083
>>27879078

Do you think I literally mean I want to die in a horrible apocalypse? Or do you think that PERHAPS I was suggesting I was a fan of the genre despite not being an adolescent male?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:20:10 No.27879092
>>27878067
>I wouldn't, because I'm not a manchild.
>Which you have to be to be an medieval fetishist.
>The fact that I have a chronic illness that already would've killed me at 26 if it weren't for modern medicine, clean surgical facilities, and antibiotics, kind of puts a damper on fantasies about 'the middle ages' or 'the future that's been reduced to a level of primitivism comparable to the middle ages' for me.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:21:40 No.27879099
>>27879083
You like it for different reasons that those that were explained in that post. Maybe you're a rape fetishist or something.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:22:14 No.27879100
>>27879092

Just reposting his stuff back at him in greentext, huh?

Cryptic.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:22:31 No.27879103
>>27879092
>I wouldn't, because I'm not a manchild.
>Which you have to be to enjoy fiction.
>The fact that I have a chronic illness that already would've killed me at 26 if it weren't for modern medicine, clean surgical facilities, and antibiotics, kind of puts a damper on fantasies about times or places when these things are difficult or impossible to find.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:22:48 No.27879106
>>27876069
>#5. Guilt Free Violence (That's Politically Correct)
Zombie apocalypses are entirely about human interaction with the zombies being an environmental hazard, anyone not understanding this is too stupid to argue with.
>#4. Free Stuff, Without All That Damned Work
"Free" except for having to risk life for scavenging for expired food.
>#3. Simplicity
Haha. No. How do you get clean water in a post apocalyptic setting again?
>#2. Acting Like a Dick, Without Consequence
Except for that whole getting killed thing. Oh wait. The guy prattles on about property rights.
>#1.Being the Alpha Dog
>Notice how there's no power structure in the post-apocalypse world? Even if the survivors form some kind of hierarchy, the movie is certainly never about the guy at the bottom. No, the apocalypse has a great leveling effect. There are no more rich douchebags, no more handsome quarterbacks to steal all the hot girls.
Seriously? I can't figure out what apocalyptic setting he's referring to.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:23:15 No.27879109
>>27879099

How about fuck you? You don't get to tell me what I think.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:23:24 No.27879110
I tried to get my local group to play darwins world but then we couldnt meet for various scheduling reasons

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:24:00 No.27879113
>>27879109
But you said yourself you like them for different reasons...

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:24:26 No.27879116
What is it about threads about things people enjoy that brings out all the naysayers insulting people for enjoying things?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:24:31 No.27879118
>>27879106

This. These don't sound like any apocalypse movie or game I've seen. But then >cracked

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:25:13 No.27879121
>>27879113
>you like something for different reasons that means you liek teh raep. heheheheheheheh
Fuck off manchild.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:27:21 No.27879130
>>27876069
>no more handsome quarterbacks to steal all the hot girls.
No, now the quarterback has a FUCKING MACHETE and he wants to steal all your CANNED GOODS.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:27:41 No.27879131
>>27879121
>incapable of taking an unfunny joke on 4chan
Gee, what a faggot.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:27:53 No.27879133
>>27879116
I for one had never heard this idiotic 'only immature teenage wannabe murderers like post apocalyptic settings' idea before.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:28:36 No.27879137
Australian veteran milfag here, dunno how to quite put it. Wanting it to happen is god-tier rubbish, but the planning and hypotheticals are fun to ponder.

Given my life experience and what I have handy, in my situation id say id make it through 9/10. Rifles? Got some. Living with fuckall innabush? Pffffff nigga ive rigged up dodgy radios to listen to triple j out field AND set up my own copper air conditioning rig for a gun pit. Security? Got 3 farm dogs. My wife can fight (lolaustralia) and I know of a few places in the middle of nowhere where you can quite comfortably just hang out and live.

But man, its all only ever gonna be hypothetical. If it actually happened then you might as well die, cause fuck that shit.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:29:27 No.27879142
>>27879133

It's something someone who doesn't know anything about roleplaying might think. Most people equate RPGs to wish fulfilment games.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:29:47 No.27879145
>>27879133
Heard this about every kind of science-fiction and fantasy ever. Plus emo kids about horror/gothic fantasy.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:30:35 No.27879149
>>27879137

I want to live with you, Ausfriend. Any room in your house to adopt a 200lb neckbeard baby?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:30:51 No.27879150
>>27879142
Well, they can be.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:31:18 No.27879153
>>27879142
I dunno about you, but I fantasize about stabbing rats in a dank cave for minimum wage. Then being killed by an angry cat

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:31:41 No.27879155
>>27875230

>What is it about post-apocalyptic settings that make them so interesting?

just look at fantasy. almost every setting has this oh so awesome advanced civilisation of the ancients that screwed up.

In post-apo its the same but the players can relate to the ancient civilisation because we're living in it.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:32:13 No.27879157
>>27879116
Your opinions are wrong because I grew out of them when I was 15. Did I mention that I'm an adult now?

There's a subgroup of people who will post the same something like that about anything. Personally I think autism is the root cause because of how fascinated they are about being considered "adult" and how they're incapable of interacting in a world where other people hold opinions that differ from their own. It doesn't matter what the topic is, there's someone in that warham40k thread saying that they outgrew necrons at the age of 15 and anyone who likes them is still a child.

Personally, I think it's a fascinating phenomenon.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:32:58 No.27879162
>>27879153
>>27879150

... did I wander into the ERP thread by mistake? How lewd!

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:34:40 No.27879171

[Missing image file: 20131003_185538.jpg]
>>27879149
Haha I wish mate but my 3 month old daughter just took the last spare room.

Pc related, its my soon-to-be-murderously-efficient murderbaby!

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:35:39 No.27879176
>>27879157
Questioning others' psychology and motivations is truly childish behavior that I grew out of when I was 15. Now that I'm an adult I can see how silly all that was, hopefully one day you'll grow up and realize it too you manchild.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:36:45 No.27879181
>>27879171
>dat deathstare

Holy shit, if the zombie apocalypse ever comes to Oz, I pity the zombies.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:40:49 No.27879206
>>27879181
The last thing you see is a white musslin wrap and pink hearts.

Word

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:40:54 No.27879209
>>27879016
no offence, but there certainly are a lot of people who are fixated on the apocalypse for unhealthy reasons. i was hanging around on /x/ during the 2012 end of the world hooha, and there's an amazing number of people who look forward to the end of the world because they see it improving their situation somehow, usually because they've failed to adapt to modern society and want it to go away. you see similar sentiments from /pol/, and a lot of "prepper" types who think they'll be at the top of the food chain after the apocalypse because they prepared.

obviously, that doesn't apply to everyone who enjoys the concept. but i can see why it gets a bad reputation.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:42:13 No.27879215
>>27878850
>>27878863
>you will never look onwards with confusion as she sprints the entire 400 yards towards the enemy she just shot
>you will never bewilderedly follow her, wondering what on earth she's doing
>you will never recoil in horror as you catch up to her, seeing her drag a bandit's corpse towards you using nothing but her mouth
>you will never ask her how she is standing upright while carrying an entire human body in her jaw
>she will never simply shrug and mumble something through a full mouth
>you will never flinch as she drops the bandit at your feet
>you will never forget all of your feelings of fright just by looking at her adorable face

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:44:21 No.27879227
>>27879209

That's true of everything tho. You can't even enjoy good clean Chinese Cartoons these days without people associating you with weirdos and deviants.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:50:17 No.27879263
>>27879227
Own a gun? Clearly a murderer.
Play vidya? Antisocial.
Browse /tg/? Fetishise neckbeards to the point of obsession.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:52:42 No.27879280
>>27879263

Yes, but there are a lot of false equivalences made, too.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 12:59:14 No.27879315

[Missing image file: CatgirlMurderPresents.png]
>>27879215

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:02:28 No.27879334
>>27879209
The term 'prepper' has lost all meaning at this point. People look at you strangely because you keep several months of food or carry a swiss army knife in day to day life. Being even slightly more prepared than average for some reason makes many see you as strange.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:02:41 No.27879335
>>27879130
NUUUH! DONT STEAL MAH CANNED GIRLS!

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:03:54 No.27879340
>>27879171
that baby looks like she lost faith in humanity allready

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:04:32 No.27879345
>>27879340
>Austrailia

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:05:39 No.27879352
>>27879315
Oh god that's terrifying and heart-melting at the same time. 7/10, would pull into a hug and laugh heartily with.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:05:53 No.27879354

[Missing image file: twilight2k01.jpg]
Twilight:2000

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:25:38 No.27879485
>>27879315
Her hair is damp and warm, but what strikes you most is the vague smell of iron. She nuzzles your neck, seemingly oblivious to what she has done. "Finish him off, won't you?" she purrs. That's what was so unsettling. The body she dumped at your feet was still breathing. With one swift kick to its neck, you silence it.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:26:14 No.27879489

[Missing image file: i-neuroshima-1-5.jpg]
As far as local post-apo games go, was Neuroshima ever translated to English or any language at all?

It's quite a fun system.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:27:47 No.27879498
>>27875230
what is it about shit OPs that make them kill themselves?

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:35:04 No.27879545
>>27879489
Aaaand apparently no, it's only in Polfaggy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroshima

Damn shame

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:47:25 No.27879644
>>27879545
>cybernetic uprising
>carnivorous jungle
10/10 would take killer amounts of LSD and play.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 13:56:52 No.27879727
For me its the idea of familiar, mundane things that I see everyday like supermarkets, malls, and office buildings being transformed into the ancient ruins you explore in a dungeon crawl.

>>
Anonymous 2013-10-22 14:02:14 No.27879770

[Missing image file: 1375677130110.jpg]
>>27878067
sorry to say this anon but really I hope you catch MERSA just so I can laugh at your supossed superiority of modern cleanliness. That said yes modern medicine is fucking amazing problem is we go overboard.







[  3  /  a  /  adv  /  an  /  c  /  cgl  /  ck  /  cm  /  co  /  diy  /  fa  /  fit  /  g  /  i  /  ic  /  jp  /  k  /  lit  /  m  /  mlp  /  mu  /  n  /  o  /  p  /  po  /  q  /  sci  /  sp  /  tg  /  toy  /  trv  /  tv  /  v  /  vg  /  vp  /  w  /  wg  /  wsg  /  x  ]

Contact me | All the content on this website come from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.

Dofus quêtes

Page loaded in 0.013484 seconds.