SCUBA duba duba doop
9 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: Dont eat me mr octopus.jpg]
I'm going to a place that involves SCUBA diving (Cancun, Cuba), but I'm worried about how much of my own gear I should bother packing.
Is it worth packing like, my wetsuit, flippers, googles, snorkel etc.? Or should I just rent that crap to avoid having full bags all the time.
I should specify that its not like... a 'SCUBA holiday', I will be doing other stuff...
51 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: iraq-MMAP-md.png]
Hey /trv/, I'm travelling to Iraqi Kurdistan (2 weeks), Iran (2 weeks) and India (5 weeks) in December through to February.
I've booked all my flights and done all my visas, now I just need to think about where exactly I'll be going and what I'll be doing.
Has anyone ever travelled to these places before and what sort of things should I absolutely not miss?
Pic related, I'm flying into Irbil (Erbil), and from there flying to Tehran, and then from Shiraz to New Delhi, and then from Kolkata back home.
10 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: hanoi1.jpg]
Canadian here. Recently got a job in Hanoi, Vietnam (not teaching English, shockingly). While I'm excited, I'm also scared shitless. Few questions:
- I hear public transit is shit. Should I invest in a scouter? Is it horribly dangerous?
- How's the expat scene?
- How easy is it to hook up in Hanoi/Vietnam in general? I'm guessing it'd be easier to go for backpackers/travelers, but what about local girls? I'm a decent-looking white guy in my early twenties, so I don't usually have too many issues with girls.
I would've posted in the other Vietnam thread, but it's been derailed by Thai ladyboy talk. Thanks in advance.
Cruisan /trv/ style
10 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: cruise.jpg]
So last January I went on my first cruise, in the Caribbean w/ Carnival cruises.
I'd call it a mixed experience, but I can't complain since I didn't pay the bill.
I like being on the open sea, and I enjoyed the ports of call for the brief time we spent in each (more on that in a moment) but I'm looking for a better experience for my next cruise. Things I'd like to avoid?
1. Overcrowding: Holy shit, so many people on Carnival Freedom that finding a chair to sun yourself on deck, or even just moving about the ship or getting something to eat was an ordeal. I know I'm asking a lot, but is there any cruise line that doesn't sardine it's passengers?
2. WAY too little time spent in various ports of call: This is the biggest gripe I had about the cruise I was on; we were in each port 12 hours TOPS. Made it very hard to take in the sights/explore/enjoy myself; I always felt rushed. What I liked most about the cruise I was going to a Jamaican beach, getting hammered on rum/rum punch, stuffing myself on jerk chicken, and fucking my girl in the ass on the sand. I wish I could've made that an all day, all night event.
3. Kids: Kids fucking ruin everything, I've heard of adult only cruises; is there a premium on these?
Finally, I can't decide between Western Caribbean/Yucatan or the Bahamas for my next destination. What do you guys recommend?
6 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: 6030792125_0dedd04c32_b.jpg]
Been wondering about this for a while, I know of course that one should play it safe when traveling abroad, and should never purchase or take any drugs especially in riskier places where one is not familiar with the laws, etc. But anyone here not do that, take something interesting(especially something "harder" than weed or alcohol) and end up with an interesting experience because of it? I'm curious. Pic unrelated, I suppose.
1 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: absinthe_king_gold.jpg]
im planning a trip to europe that will involve stopping by berlin, prague, and krakow next month. Not going for very long so im only going to be in each city a few days. I was wondering if any of you had experience with purchasing absinthe? From what i heard, prague has it widely available, but not the best quality. Anyone have recommendations of where to get some? Any recommended brands? Also, will i have trouble bringing it back to the US if i put it in my luggage?