195 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Rolling Stones Magazine already referring to Boyega as an "Alpha male"
Everyone seems to love them so much! Girls wish they could be Daisy so they could be with John.
>Finn spends a lot of time in the film with Solo, and Boyega learned a great deal from Ford – he shares his alpha-male confidence, and is already feeling proprietary about his character. "I get very, like, 'Finn wouldn't say that,'" Boyega says. "Finn and Han have a very interesting relationship. Han sees a bit of himself in Finn's bravado, a young guy he can help nurture."
>Boyega isn't worried about getting stuck in the Star Wars universe. He already has other roles coming up, including a part as a Mark Zuckerberg-type CEO in The Circle, with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson. "It's different from the stormtrooper life," he says, offering a leading-man smile.
Ash vs Evil Dead
101 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
ATTENTION STARZ PR SHILLS THAT ARE PAYING ATTENTION
This show is shit without Sam Raimi, but it had potential. The pilot was spooky, had great music, followed a coherent narrative following Ash having adventures, and had some fun action. But every episode since the pilot has been dull, poor music, no scares, focuses on a bunch of boring nobody characters, and have been all around disappointments. So here's a list of changes for the second season to make this a fucking great Evil Dead series
1. Make Sam Raimi the fucking show runner. He knows the series and the style. Every episode lacks the flair of the movies besides the pilot. Raimi knows the Ash character and how to create a balance of awesome action, comedy and scares. Hes fucking necessary. It's clear that without Raimi the show is fucking doomed
2. Cut all 50 sidekicks. Nobody cares about the 2 sidekicks or the black cop. They kickass and survive when they shouldn't. Evil Dead is a series of Ash stumbling upon situations and exacerbating them. Having side plots with uninteresting nobodys only hurts the show. They slowdown the action and story and nobody cares about them.
3. The fucking story and pacing. Evil Dead needs to be Ash stumbling upon people's stories. He should be walking into situations ala Xena or Hercules and either helping or hurting every week. But the stories and characters should be contained to those stories.
4. Makes the episodes 60 minutes. 30 minute stories aren't long enough to build a premise, arc, and satisfying concl;usion and the series is suffering for it.
5. Get some cool ass kicking music. The soundtrack is dull, and bland music during action scenes is harming the effect. We see ash get his ass kicked for 5 minutes and then suddenly turn it around and win. But the direction and music don't build anything up. The action is always over before you know what's happening. Take a page from the pilot and start blasting Deep Purple when Ash brings out the chainsaw
4 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
What do you think of him /tv/?
I watched a couple of his episodes ironically and sure enough, he isn't as good as Jon Stewart - but then, who is?
Anyhow, I kinda stuck with watching the Daily Show afterwards. He's mildly funny, but I really like him personality wise to be honest I developed a bit of a man-crush on him
Objectively speaking, if we accept the fact that no-one can replace Stewart, can we all agree that Trevor Noah isn't the worst thing to happen to the show? Just remember, there was a time when John Oliver was the host, and I don't think anybody on their staff was less funny and talentless. I don't know how that monkey got his own show, it'll always be a mystery to me. But anyway,