324 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: images.jpg]
I was so hoping to be blown away, being a huge Tolkien fan, but it was so underwhelming :(
+ Smorgasbord of feel moments
+ Freeman is great
+ Serkis is fantastic
+ McKellen is great
+ Dol Guldur scene is alright
- That fucking white orc bollocks
- Unnecessary deviations from the book, usually to shoe-horn the cunt above in
- Shit portrayal of Radagast and Great Goblin
- Why don't the eagles? Invalidates their whole involvement and makes them look like a shitty Hollywood Deus ex Machina
- Colours were stupidly saturated. Takes the edge off the breathtaking (non-CGI) scenery
- Mixture of more serious character and scene portrayals with shit, cartoony moments (Radagast, Goblin Town, Dwarves at dinner) made it half way between the serious tone of LOTR and the jovial tone of the book, which isn't a good thing.
So disappointed, let's hope PJ does a decent job on number 2. Now to watch Lincoln.