Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna
6 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Famitsu Review - 8/8/8/8 - 32/40
- 25-30 hours to clear
- embody the concept of old good RPG's, tasteful graphics and painful story, piano BGM strikes a good atmosphere
- does not bring anything new
- strategy of the customizable elements and Setsuna system are good
- reading in city require many actions, can be troublesome
Dengeki Review - 75, 90, 75, 85
- customization is fun
- cannot change character in-battle
- treasure chest do not open from the beginning
- story is serious
- battle system is a little difficult compared to other games
- combat can become monotonous
- cannot equip during purchase, buy/sell in bulk, can easily make the wrong choice
- customization is interesting but can also present to be troublesome
- sufficiently attractive as a low-cost work with certain amount of quality and quantity
The only problem I have seen so far with it is the load times. Besides that, it seems exactly what I expected and am still excited. Anyone else? Do you think if this is successful that Tokyo RPG Factory could get put on reviving some old series?
157 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
I've hated Ryu for years. Fucking endless years. I liked him for five minutes in 1991 when I was young and stupid, but it sunk in quickly how empty and dry he is. He's the least visually interesting member of the entire Street Fighter cast - saying something when you have champs like Abel in the mix - and he is totally, absolutely devoid of character. He's a headband with fists who isn't even that important to the story of Street Fighter as a whole, which is a good thing because he's completely lacking motivation to accomplish anything except punch strangers in the face. He's unwashed and uneducated hobo; if you met him in real life, you'd hate him.
This costume in particular made it really sink in as to who and what he is, though - this faggot is Japanese Kimbo Slice.
So why the fuck do all you mouthbreathers like him and keep making me play every other match against him?
311 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Let's talk about Starsector, motherfuckers.
For those that don't know what it is, it's basically Mount and Blade, but in space. You can command huge fleets of ships, recruit officers, take over planets, etc.
There's a ton of mod support for the game, the dev is really based and talks with the users all the time, and the gameplay itself is fantastic.
Here's their site: http://fractalsoftworks.com/