Phone Thread #132
120 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Phone Thread #132
Before asking for a wallpaper, reverse image search it. This function is built into 4chan now. Its not hard to do.
>Resources for Android, iPhone and Windows phone.
http://pastebin.com/JzWPVMGP - General Resources: fonts, wallpapers, color palettes
http://a.pomf.se/flwfcv.png - 'Quick and Dirty' Banner Tutorial
http://pastebin.com/G3Zde2ga - Basics and terminology to know for android.
http://pastebin.com/Z3Wursx6 - Read this after the basic/terms guide, and before your "first time post"
http://pastebin.com/86gCz85D - Starting place for a customized android notification bar. Outdated
http://pastebin.com/qGHi8GRr - Crude iPhone ricing guide
http://pastebin.com/Zzj7aGzc - Jailbreak/theming guide
http://www.mediafire.com/?xptygbsj9eqos56 - Aiko Nation Theme.
http://pastebin.com/nE6F3zVp - thals's /w/ Guide for Ricing&Hacking Windows Phone 7 and 8
http://i.imgur.com/znGGUeT.jpg - Infograph style guide
Vector Thread - Requests & Sharing
10 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Post your vector requests and recently done vectors here.
>Previous thread ? >>1799495
READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!
>Before requesting, here are some tips:
– Request an image ONCE per thread. Do not bump or second - once is enough.
– Check the lists below to see if your request has already been previously fulfilled.
– All requests are welcome, within reason, but remember:
– The poorer the quality of an image (in resolution and drawing ability), the less likely it will be picked up. The more detail seen and higher the resolution, the better.
– Full-body images preferred. Images cut off on 3 or more sides are very unlikely to be picked up due to their limited usage; keep this in mind when finding an image to request. (Hair or skirt edges that are barely cut off don't usually count)
– Requests for removing the background from an image (called a RENDER) and resizing requests should go to the IMT threads.
– Refrain from using renders for requests. Try to find the original non-rendered image; it is easier for vectorists to work with.
– Note: Overly complicated images are unlikely to be picked up due to their nature. IF your request is taken, please have patience.
>Check these places before requesting:
>Anime vectoring tutorials:
—online viewable guide (Inkscape): http://sites.google.com/site/jjaaba/main
—downloadable guide (Inkscape): http://www.mediafire.com/?xhj5d254zhui0tr
—Illustrator video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0cRvqYRVE
Image Modification Thread #188
191 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Welcome to the /w/IMT! We are here to help. All ANIME-RELATED wallpaper and image modification requests are welcome.
• ALWAYS DO A REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH before you ask us for help. Iqdb and SauceNao are very helpful for anime-related images.
• EXPLAIN YOUR REQUEST IN DETAIL. Details help us get you the image that you want.
• THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR VECTORS. Please take your vector requests there.
• THIS IS A SFW BOARD. If you must request a lewd picture, please do warn us when you post the link.
• UPLOAD AND LINK to an image hosting site, such as uguu.se or pomf.se. DO NOT add white space OR stretch/shrink your picture.
• BE PATIENT. If your request is overlooked and skipped, don't take it personally. You can always try to request it again in the next thread.
• SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION. They're doing this on their own time, so don't forget to thank them.
• DO NOT post images unless they need to be modified or are the answer to a request.
• BE POLITE. Try to use proper spelling and grammar.
• DO NOT harass people. HELP when they ask for an edit or let others deal with the request.
• CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS are always welcome.
>4chan Image/Thread Limitations:
• Images SMALLER than 480x600 pixels DO NOT post. (1000x599 or 479x1000 will NOT work)
• Images LARGER than 6MB will NOT post.
• Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
• Maximum resolution allowed is 10000x10000
• Thanks to /wg/ for this modified copypasta.
Powerlevel Thread #12
48 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Old thread: >>1789012
Image limit =! autosagemode
What is a powerlevel wallpaper?
Powerlevel is, above all, SUBTLE. It attempts to obscure its source material to anyone unfamiliar with it. It looks good to the uninitiated, while providing a neat nod for anyone who knows the reference.
Good examples of powerlevel include:
Insignias and logos
Distinctive equipment or ornamentation (weapons, masks, ribbons, hats, necklaces, glasses, anything that can identify the character to someone who knows the source)
Mascots and some non-humanoid side characters. Be careful on this one, it can be borderline.
What powerlevel usually does NOT include:
The anime's name or a character's name. There is some wiggle room here if all other criteria are met.
Faces, or most of a character's body.
Minimalism, if it depicts a character.
Landscapes and cityscapes. There is almost no wiggle room, unless you are 100% sure it's powerlevel despite being a landscape. We know, Monogatari and 5cm/s backgrounds look pretty good, but this isn't the thread for them.
Screencaps, unless the screencaps have been doctored to be high quality.