Return of the Minimalist Threads #15
1 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
>What is minimalism?
Minimalism involves taking images and reducing them down to basic colors and removing most features. Most wallpapers will not include shadowing or faces, but this is subjective.
>Guide to Making Your Own
Use either Illustrator or Inkscape (both are free if you know what I mean).
1) Do not post images with incredibly intricate designs, vague or conflicting colors, or undefined edges, these make minimalizing very difficult.
2) Be sure to thank the artist!
1) Always upload as at least 1080p PNGs, try and post transparents too.
2) Look over other people's works! We need good criticism if we want to improve!
3) Watermarks/signatures are not highly necessary.
Old thread: >>1956786
It'd be helpful if people actually read this.
Image Modification Thread (I.M.T.) 265
33 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Welcome to the /w/IMT! We are here to help. All ANIME-RELATED wallpaper and image modification requests are welcome.
• ALWAYS DO A REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH before you ask us for help. Iqdb and SauceNao are very helpful for anime-related images.
• EXPLAIN YOUR REQUEST IN DETAIL. Details help us get you the image that you want.
• THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR VECTORS. Please take your vector requests there.
• THIS IS A SFW BOARD. If you must request a lewd picture, please do warn us when you post the link.
• UPLOAD AND LINK to an image hosting site such as puush.me, teknik.io, mixtape.moe or others. Temporary file hosters, like uguu.se, make the most sense so use them where available. DO NOT use Imgur as it compresses images.
• DO NOT add white space OR stretch/shrink your picture since they just make it harder to work on.
• SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION. They're doing this on their own time, so don't forget to thank them.
• BE PATIENT. Your request might be very difficult or maybe editors are not interested but don't take it personally.
• DO NOT bump your requests. If you want to know why it was skipped, just ask. If nobody is willing to fulfill your request, you can always try again in the next thread.
• DO NOT post images unless they need to be modified or are the answer to a request.
• BE POLITE. Try to use proper spelling and grammar.
• DO NOT harass people. HELP when they ask for an edit or let others deal with the request.
• CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS are always welcome.
>4chan Image/Thread Limitations:
• Images SMALLER than 480x600 pixels DO NOT post. (1000x599 or 479x1000 will NOT work)
• Images LARGER than 6MB will NOT post.
• Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
• Maximum resolution allowed is 10000x10000
• Thanks to /wg/ for this modified copypasta.
>Archive: [All of /w/ to 01.2012]
10 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Phone Thread #161
Before asking for a wallpaper, reverse image search it. This function is built into 4chan now. Its not hard to do.
>Resources for Android, iPhone and Windows phone.
http://pastebin.com/JzWPVMGP (embed) - General Resources: fonts, wallpapers, color palettes
http://www.mediafire.com/view/bu0e8ordiw0il3y/banner_tutuorial.png (embed) - 'Quick and Dirty' Banner Tutorial
http://pastebin.com/G3Zde2ga (embed) - Basics and terminology to know for android.
http://pastebin.com/KHk9ZuLF (embed) - Read this after the basic/terms guide, and before your "first time post"
http://pastebin.com/86gCz85D (embed) - Starting place for a customized android notification bar. Outdated
http://pastebin.com/vuXnm1wi (embed) - WebMs made easy
http://pastebin.com/qGHi8GRr (embed) - Crude iPhone ricing guide
http://pastebin.com/Zzj7aGzc (embed) - Jailbreak/theming guide
http://www.mediafire.com/?xptygbsj9eqos56 - Aiko Nation Theme.
http://pastebin.com/nE6F3zVp (embed) - thals's /w/ Guide for Ricing&Hacking Windows Phone 7 and 8
http://i.imgur.com/znGGUeT.jpg (embed) - Infograph style guide