Image Modification Thread (I.M.T.) 280
90 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Welcome to the /w/IMT! We are here to help. All ANIME-RELATED wallpaper and image modification requests are welcome.
• ALWAYS DO A REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH before you ask us for help. Iqdb and SauceNao are very helpful for anime-related images.
• EXPLAIN YOUR REQUEST IN DETAIL. Details help us get you the image that you want.
• THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR VECTORS. Please take your vector requests there.
• THIS IS A SFW BOARD. If you must request a lewd picture, please do warn us when you post the link.
• UPLOAD AND LINK to an image hosting site such as puush.me, teknik.io, mixtape.moe or others. Temporary file hosters, like uguu.se, make the most sense so use them where available. DO NOT use Imgur as it compresses images.
• DO NOT add white space OR stretch/shrink your picture since they just make it harder to work on.
• SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION. They're doing this on their own time, so don't forget to thank them.
• BE PATIENT. Your request might be very difficult or maybe editors are not interested but don't take it personally.
• DO NOT bump your requests. If you want to know why it was skipped, just ask. If nobody is willing to fulfill your request, you can always try again in the next thread.
• DO NOT post images unless they need to be modified or are the answer to a request.
• BE POLITE. Try to use proper spelling and grammar.
• DO NOT harass people. HELP when they ask for an edit or let others deal with the request.
• CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS are always welcome.
>4chan Image/Thread Limitations:
• Images SMALLER than 480x600 pixels DO NOT post. (1000x599 or 479x1000 will NOT work)
• Images LARGER than 6MB will NOT post.
• Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
• Maximum resolution allowed is 10000x10000
• Thanks to /wg/ for this modified copypasta.
>Archive: [All of /w/ to 01.2012]
Return of the Minimalist Threads #18
13 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
>What is minimalism?
Minimalism involves taking images and reducing them down to basic colors and removing most features. Most wallpapers will not include shadowing or faces, but this is subjective.
1) Do not post images with incredibly intricate designs, vague or conflicting colors, or undefined edges, these make minimalizing very difficult.
2) If you can, provide the name and/or source for archival purposes.
3) Be patient and make sure to thank the artist!
4) Check if your image hasn't already been done before in the booru: http://min.booru.org/
or in the archive: https://mega.nz/#!nxo0zKjC!OOzph3buFuqIpkVREcw9fZbIcM0szSghHNo8r_TySkc (an updated one is posted not long after start of a new thread)
1) Always upload at at least 1080p PNGs, try and post transparents too.
2) Look over other people's works! We need good criticism if we want to improve!
3) Watermarks/signatures are not highly necessary.
>Guides to Making Your Own
Use either Illustrator or Inkscape (both are free if you know what I mean)
Past threads: http://pastebin.com/dvgs6pSg
Old thread: >>1996318
20 more posts in this thread. [Missing image file: ]
Last thread hit image limit: >>1999166
Feel free to request wallpapers for a show, topic, etc... You may want to check the catalog beforehand, but since this is a random thread, it's not a huge deal.
If you need an image upscaled, I may be able to help, but make sure to take any/all other requests to the IMT thread.